We provide a comprehensive range of risk assessment services for both domestic and commercial properties. Our services include:
In some cases a full survey is not required but you may need to know whether a certain product contains asbestos. A common example would be a textured coating (Artex) applied to a ceiling or wall. Our sample collection service is a safe, quick and cost effective solution. We will attend site to undertake the sampling and will usually be able to email results from a UKAS accredited provider within 24 hours.
Whilst at site we are always happy to discuss your concerns and provide further advice. You will receive a lab certificate and a suspect material inspection sheet including a risk assessment and photo. Contact us to discuss whether sampling is the right option for you.
We undertake the full range of asbestos surveys including:
- HSG264 Management Asbestos Surveys
- HSG264 Refubishment Asbestos Surveys
- HSG 264 Demolition Asbestos Surveys
- Re-inspection Asbestos Surveys
- Common Area Asbestos Surveys
- Homebuyer Asbestos Surveys
Legionella Risk Assessment
By law, employers, landlords and people responsible for buildings must understand the health risk associated with legionella bacteria. The Health and Safety Executives Approved Code of Practice: Legionnaires’ disease: The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems (L8) contains practical guidance on how to manage and control the risks in your system.
The guidance requires you to understand how to:
- identify and assess sources of risk
- manage any risks
- prevent or control any risks
- keep and maintain the correct records
- carry out any other duties you may have
- DAF can help you assess the risk from legionella bacteria and put in place a plan to prevent or reduce the risk as far as reasonable practicable.
Water Sampling and Analysis
As well as legionella bacteria, your property’s water supply can contain other harmful contaminants. Our experienced consultants can attend your property and undertake water sampling for microbiological analysis by a UKAS accredited laboratory. Our water sampling and analysis service tests for:
- Total viable count
- Presumptive Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Legionella pneumophila serogroups 1, 2-14
Our services also include training courses for employees. We offer asbestos awareness training for employees who are likely to encounter asbestos-containing materials in their day-to-day work, as well as training to help prevent the spread of legionella bacteria in your building’s water supply.