A simple sampling survey is good option if you wish know if a particular material or product contains asbestos but you don’t necessarily need a full survey.
We will attend site and undertake sampling for asbestos. A certificate of analysis from a UKAS accredited lab is issued along with recommendations for future management.
- Where possible, sampling is conducted in unoccupied areas.
- Fibre release is controlled by pre-wetting the suspect material, before removing a suitable sized sample with a sharp knife or chisel and placing it in a sealable plastic bag.
- Sample points are left sealed with filler, ET150 encapsulant or tape.
- Analysis of asbestos samples is carried out by an independent laboratory, accredited by UKAS to ISO17025.
- Samples are analysed to determine the presence of asbestos fibres using polarised light microscopy and central stop dispersion staining based on the HSE guidance document, Asbestos – The analysts guide for sampling, analysis and clearance procedures (HSG 248).
Prices for local sampling start at £85 excluding vat.